Project timelines vary depending on the exact details and nature of the project, which can consist of a variety of the workflow ingredients and enabling technologies as depicted below. In broad strokes we execute projects that fall into three main categories and can be typified:
Fragment Hit Discovery and Validation & Characterization projects
- Duration of these projects is typically 1.5 – 2.5 months.
- The client provides target, known ligands and/or enzymatic assay.
- ZoBio performs a TINS or biochemical screen and subsequent validation using, for example, SPR or biochemical assay.
- The client receives validated hit fragments and proposals for hit optimization.
Protein to Structure projects
- Duration of these projects is typically between 4 – 8 months.
- ZoBio produces (isotopically labeled) protein, sets-up screening and validation assays, performs TINS screen, validates hit fragments and runs competition binding experiments.
- Protein observed HSQC NMR or X-ray Crystallography to elucidate ligand-target structure, is done by ZoBio.
- The client receives validated hit fragments, structural information and proposals for hit optimization.
Hit to Lead projects
- Duration of these projects is typically between 12 – 18 months.
- ZoBio includes creating and assembling of a target focused library.
- After hit validation, ZoBio manages analoging and elucidates SAR.
- Structural Biology and Computational Chemistry will be used to steer hit optimalization.
- ZoBio can take the lead in compound synthesis.