SENIOR SCIENTIST (M/F) IN PROTEIN CRYSTALLOGRAPHY – FULLTIME
28 November 2017, Leiden, NL
We are looking for an experienced, extremely motivated, protein crystallographer with experience in drug design. Initially for a period of 12 months, it is fully expected that the successful candidate will become a permanent and integral member of the ZoBio team.
Application deadline: 20 December 2017.
Start date: Q1 2018.
We are looking for someone who can take advantage of our protein engineering capability to solve crystal structures where others have failed. You should be driven by and have significant experience in getting small molecules into protein crystals whether by soaking or co-crystallization and you should have worked with medicinal chemists to interpret these results for drug discovery campaigns. Lastly, you should have enough experience to have a clear vision on how crystallography should be integrated into the wider small molecule drug discovery process and the initiative to make that a reality.
We are a dynamic, science driven team whose vision is to deliver the ultimate in value to our clients. If you share this, let’s make it a reality together.
Profile of the applicant
- Ph.D. level with 3-5 years of relevant (industrial) experience in producing crystals of protein-small molecule complexes and solving their structure.
- Demonstrable track record of solving challenging problems in protein crystallography.
- Is highly organized and able to work in a result-driven, goal oriented environment.
- A team player with leadership skills or potential for leadership for more junior applicants.
- Good communication (both oral and writing) skills in English is a must.
- Interested in growing with ZoBio and taking on more or new and possibly corporate responsibilities with time, including contributing to the strategic vision.
Please send your application (CV, motivation letter and names of potential referees) to: email@example.com clearly mentioning ‘Senior Scientist – (m/f) in Protein Crystallography’ in your subject line.