SENIOR SCIENTIST (M/F) IN ASSAY DEVELOPMENT AND SCREENING – FULLTIME
25 January 2018, Leiden, NL
ZoBio is looking for an experienced and motivated assay development specialist with a proven industrial track record designing and setting-up biochemical assays. Initially for a period of 12 months, it is fully expected that the successful candidate will become a permanent and integral member of the ZoBio team.
Application deadline: 31 March 2018
Start date: As soon as possible
- As a member of biochemical and biophysical assay team, he/she will work on method development, qualification and characterization of small molecule interaction with biological targets for clients’ drug discovery projects.
- Responsibilities include designing, execution of experiments, documenting results accurately in laboratory notebooks (ELN), participating in meetings with our clients and preparing and reviewing reports.
- Applies technical knowledge with minimal supervision to independently execute method development and assay remediation activities.
- 60% Design and execution of experiments
- 20% Supervision of junior scientists
- 20% Writing/reviewing reports for clients
Education and Experience Requirements
- PhD with 1-2 years of industry experience or MSc. with 4-6 years of industry experience in biochemistry/enzyme assays or other biological/analytical discipline
- Experience in method development, qualification and validation of analytical methods for small molecule – protein interaction studies
- Experience with biophysical methods for protein-ligand interaction, such as Surface Plasmon Resonance technology (e.g. Biacore) is a plus
- Experience in Statistical Analysis is a plus
Key skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required
- In-depth knowledge of enzyme activity measurements, including both theory and practice is required
- Ability to work in both a team as well as independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment and able to handle working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Experience working with plate based assays preferred, especially with one or more of the following methods: fluorescent based assays e.g. TR-FRET, FP and other commercially available fluorescence assays
Please send your application (CV, motivation letter and names of potential referees) to the attention of Dr. Rob Heetebrij at email@example.com clearly mentioning ‘Senior Scientist – (M/F) in Assay Development and Screening’ in your subject line.